人性是一個永恆的議題。 K11 藝術基金會 (KAF) 很高興地宣布與倫敦皇家藝術學院 (RA) 合作推出張建君「人跡」。 該展覽此前曾在上海和瀋陽巡迴展出，吸引了超過10,000名參觀者，並獲得了公眾的廣泛認可。
Human nature is a timeless concept. K11 Art Foundation (KAF) is delighted to announce the collaboration with London’s Royal Academy of Arts (RA) to present Zhang Jian-Jun: Human Traces. The exhibition was on tour previously in Shanghai and Shenyang where it attracted more than 10,000 visitors and received wide public recognition.
Why it matters:
張健君回歸巡展：「人跡」從藝術家的視覺探索人與自然和時間之間的關係。 展覽包括三個息息相關的部分，每個部分皆圍繞著過去、現在和未來的主題。 作為中國抽象藝術和具象的先驅，張健君結合了藝術史上的三個核心概念——(一) 自然與人類的互動、(二)時間的流動和留下的痕跡、(三)當代人和傳統的關係。
The exhibition Zhang Jian-Jun: Human Traces reflects the artist’s latest explorations on the eternal themes of human beings, nature, and time. The exhibition includes three interconnected and interactive parts, all of which revolve around how they evolve around the concept of past, present, and future. As a pioneer of Chinese abstract art and figuration, Zhang aims to achieve new progressive artistic explorations by combining the three core concepts in art history—the interaction between nature and humans; the traces people leave behind over the course of time; and the relationship between historic and modern-day living.
- 第一部分延續 2019 年的倫敦個展，加入了更多本地市⺠和中國傳統人文形象，啟發觀眾思考跨越文化差異、彼此連繫的可能性。
- Renewing Zhang’s 2019 Human Traces exhibition in London, the diversity of ethnicities and identities are presented in contrast to his sculptures of images from various cultures, inspiring viewers to ponder the connections among people from different eras and cultural backgrounds.
- Surrounded and confronted by one’s own reflections, the second part comprises a corridor of mirrors offering an immersive experience and encouraging visitors to reflect on their identities while seeing themselves at every conceivable angle.
- For the third part, there will be an interactive space provoking further self-exploration where Zhang guides the audience to participate in the artistic creation with three stimulating questions, allowing them to leave their own “traces” in the exhibition.
- 作為此次巡展的最後一站，香港 的展示將最全面地體現這個動態的累積，也將給未來的回顧留下最豐富的「人跡」。
- As the last stop of this process, the Hong Kong exhibition will bring together the dynamics of this ever-evolving, ever-adapting project, leaving behind the richest embodiment of Human Traces.
Background: 張健君 Zhang Jian-Jun
- Zhang Jian-Jun (born in Shanghai in 1955) graduated from the Fine Arts Department of Shanghai Theatre Academy in 1978 and was the pioneer of Shanghai’s avant-garde experimental art in the 1980s.
- He creates a series of black and white abstract works in mixed media, expressing his understanding of existence, humanity and nature.
- After moving to New York in 1989, his works mostly explore the rapid changes in Chinese urban landscape and culture while questioning the meaning of value and authenticity.
Source: MPLUS HK
Don’t forget to leave your own “human trace” in the third part of the exhibition!
「人跡」 “Human Traces”
2021.9.30 – 2021.11.14
Monday to Friday 12:00 – 20:00
Saturday to Sunday and Public Opening Days 11:00 – 19:00
鰂魚涌英皇道 728 號 K11 ATELIER King’s Road 2 樓
2/F, K11 ATELIER King’s Road, 728 King’s Road, Quarry Bay
Courtesy to K11 Art Foundation and the Artists